Friday, March 1, 2013

My FIRST POST and a FREE IDEA!


YEAH!!  My first post on my new blog.  I have to thank everyone whom I have come across online for inspiring me to create my own blog.  I've read so many great things that I thought it is my turn to share some of my resources and ideas as well!!  SO, THANK YOU for the inspiration!!!

I've been teaching for 10 years, mainly at the primary level and am currently off on Maternity leave with my second child - he is absolutely amazing and I am now having some extra time to get back into teaching.  My current grade level is grade 6/7 and last year was my first year in these grades, boy did I learn a lot!

So...here is my first blog share - I use a site all the time for shared reading activities that I absolutely love!  Some of you may have come across it already, but if you haven't, it is wonderful because it really can be used all across the board from k-8.  The great thing about this site is that it has discussion prompts for each article at the primary, junior and intermediate levels and when you click to print the article, you can change the font size to the size for your students and save it as a pdf file!!  Then you have an option to email it right away to a colleague or to the students!! Check out Teaching Kids the News 


I've posted an article below that would be relevant to our curriculum in Ontario (space) but interesting nonetheless. Check it out.

Teachingkidsnews.com-New Space Mission Will Study Asteroid in 2018 by


No comments:

Post a Comment